La Chêneraie is an eco-responsible Lot campsite !
The "Eco-Défis" operation was launched in 2012 by the Chambre des Métiers et de l'Artisanat du Lot in response to a request from the Parc Naturel Régional des Causses du Quercy. It encourages businesses in the region to limit their environmental impact. The idea is to promote voluntary businesses that are committed to sustainable development, by awarding them a label. An official ceremony to award diplomas, medals and trophies is organised to highlight the investment made by each company. In 2019, La Chêneraie was awarded the Gold Medal with 13 challenges met: "We have always been very committed to sustainable development, and we are continuing in this direction and encouraging businesses in the Park to commit to this label."
At the 4-star La Chêneraie campsite, protecting our environment has become a priority in recent years.
Ecological tourism on a campsite can take a number of different forms, including waste sorting, renewable energy sources, water-saving techniques, initiatives to preserve the environment and respect for biodiversity:
Meilleur gestion de l'environnement
- Use of energy-saving lamps and solar lamps; we limit lighting in the evening
- Selective sorting of all our rubbish - installation of compost and compost bins in all accommodation - recovery of stale bread for the horses
- Use of a steam cleaner to clean the accommodation
- Installation of timer taps in communal toilets to save water
- 2 rainwater harvesting jars for watering the gardens